the atv team
all wheels on track
The Search And Rescue Control (SARC) ATV team provides search and rescue services to the Mesa County Sheriff on ATVs & side-by-sides. This service is a critical part of search and rescue as often our calls come in from areas that are not accessible by full size vehicles due to either trail restrictions or current weather & road conditions. The ATV team also provides a critical role in assisting other search and rescue teams by providing personnel transport or by moving equipment as necessary to meet the needs of the mission.
The Western Slope ATV Association (WSATVA) is responsible for providing the above services to SARC when called upon by the Mesa County Sheriff.
The ATV team meets monthly to discuss items of importance such as mission issues and future training opportunities. We also have training as necessary which may be specific to the ATV team or may be conducted in cooperation with other search and rescue teams. Members are expected to attend team meetings and trainings.
- Nighttime operation
- Inclement weather operation
- All members must be an established member of WSATVA.
- Experience operating an ATV/ side-by-side safely
- Must have ATV/ Side-by-Side
- Have transportation to and from missions
- A detailed equipment list will be provided upon acceptance to the ATV team.
which team to join
“Is there a charge for rescue?”